15.1.12

grazed by wolf

There is a wolf in my neighborhood...her name is Sisha. Her owner, Phyllis, let me photograph her yesterday. Apparently Sisha is lower in the pack as she sniffed my knees and I looked into her eyes. They are gray, blue, green and brown flecked. Extraordinary. Phyllis invited me to stop by sometime. Then I could take better pictures. I must admit to have been afraid when the wolf walked right up to me. Clearly not a dog. her long nose, her layers of fur in varied shades of gray and black and silver. Unusual eyes. Magnificent. Where do you get a wolf? It seemed so passive. Phylis said she has had three wolves, one was an Alpha...very different behavior. Think I should read Never Cry Wolf again. I am looking forward to going to Phyllis's house.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful animal but still wild inside, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right...you'd never mistake one for a dog...like mistaking a bobcat for a house cat. We're so lucky when we meet them.

    ReplyDelete