23.7.11

...the time away.

~ Finding a bright red manual food processor complete with a mandolin and egg separator attachment for only $15,  a whisker, too...could make meringues. Instead I made basil-artichoke-parsley-garlic- pesto and sautéed it into melted  butter and small red potatoes.
~ There is nothing more calming (besides weaving) than bobbing around a friend's heated pool on a styrofoam noodle with my sunglasses and red cross baseball cap on acting like this a normal summer day in Seattle.
~ Creating an umbrella-shaded oasis in the yard, so Ray could watch the squirrels cavort, see the birds flit and read his book, drink beer and be OUTDOORS!
~ I have 47 almost-ripe blueberries on my blueberry bush.


~ I cut up watermelon into bite-size pieces, maybe it will make my son feel happy.
~ I find a rubber cowboy and a brass Christmas bell in the bottom of my gardening satchel.
~ I finally have small birds at my thistle feeder. It is worth having sunflower seeds between my toes as that is the bait I used on the deck to attract them.
~ my 11 year old neighbor girl, Laura, brought me radishes from her garden. I have no one to carve radish roses for. I guess that went out in the 50s. I know how by watching my mother make them, four side cuts and a criss-x-cross in the middle (just like the way she stopped mosquito bites from itching by pressing on the red bump with her thumbnail) seeing the bright, thin-skin pinky red metamorphosis into a blossom. So pretty and she would keep them (the radishes, not my mosquito bites) in an icy bowl of water in the fridge.
~I guess that's all. An awful lot of reasons to want to wake up and see what is in store tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. The table runner looks fabulous! OK, here I go, working on everything you've gotten me into, sigh. Gawd, you're an expensive friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this...i will read it every day. i get cranky & take things for granted. you're an inspiration and i'm going to get out my fanciest pen and make my own list! THANKS.

    ReplyDelete